Salary: MPS UPS (Based on experience)
Job Type: Temporary to Permanent
Start date: ASAP
School Information: Secondary School, age range 11-19 with over 1500 students
2019 GCSE Results: 61% at A* - C
Positive progree 8 score.
A top Inner London Secondary School situated in Southwark is hoping to recruit a well-qualified English Teacher to become a member of this excellent school. This exciting role is to starting ASAP.
The successful candidate will be joining an English department in an Ofsted graded Outstanding' school. The school are looking for a teacher to be committed to the development of high quality teaching practices and high standards of achievement. Teaching A-level is essential for this position along with KS3 & KS4.
English is a highly successful department in the school and continues to go from strength to strength. The department has access to a well-equipped learning resource centre which has a range of reading materials and dedicated staff who work alongside the English department to encourage a love of reading.
The English department aim to inspire and enable all our students to become successful learners and this is a wonderful opportunity to join a hard-working and motivated team. This vacancy is suited to more experienced teachers however the school welcome applications from NQT's. This is temporary to permanent role and the school is keen to interview candidates immediately.
If interested in this role you must have the following:
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or oversea trained.
- PGCE in English or degree level equivalent
- An excellent track record of raising attainment and examination success at Key Stages 3 - 5
- A track record of outstanding teaching across all Key Stages
- An excellent knowledge of establishing best practice with respect to the teaching of English & Literacy to GCSE and A level
- The ability and enthusiasm to motivate students and staff in delivering outstanding English and Literacy lessons across the school.
- The ability to raise expectations and aspirations of students of all abilities
- Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
The school is very keen to hear from teachers who are ambitious and can work well in a team to successfully bring the best out of their students to achieve outstanding results.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.