An alternative provision academy in Bexley, South East London are seeking to appoint Medical Needs Teacher who specialises in Teaching English.
Teacher of English
• Start - ASAP
• Location - Bexley
• Salary - Negotiable
• Duration - Permanent
The alternative provision are looking to appoint a permanent Medical Need Teacher (English Specialist) to join their team from September 2019. This is a small sized school however, the student capacity had risen from 55 to 80 over the summer. Teacher. A new purpose build ASD and Complex Needs unit are being built over the summer term to accommodate for the new arrivals.
This alternative provision school caters for secondary aged students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health and Challenging Behaviour. The pupils have a range of learning needs but the school aim to instil the desire to learn and make progress and the belief that they can aim high and achieve their goals.
The school provide strong pastoral care and have excellent links to the other schools within the federation. There is further opportunity for teacher training and the school provide additional training when required for those seeking to improve their knowledge and skills.
The ideal candidate would need to be confident teaching students who suffer from sever anxiety and need a passionate yet patient practitioner to support them with their studies and learning. The classroom sized vary from 6-10 students per class with additional support staff in every class. The school is well resourced and very keen on encouraging student learning through practical lessons.
The science team is a highly successful department within the school and the school are looking to strengthen this department by appointing a passionate, enthusiastic and energetic teacher from September 2019. NTQ's and experienced teachers are welcome to apply.
You would be working with some of the most vulnerable and complex young people in the community. It is important that you are enthusiastic and have a true passion for special needs as the children respond positively to familiarity and find it difficult to bond with people if there are regular changes in their class.
Why choose Horizon?
• Top pay rates and the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• In-depth free induction session in our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• You choose how you are paid and which payroll company you wish to use
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
A growing number of children and young adults in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs. These developments have led to an increase in the demand for qualified teachers and support staff.
Benefits of working with Special Needs include:
• Small class sizes, usually 5-10 students
• A warm and supporting working environment
• State of the art facilities and resources
• Ongoing opportunities for CPD (Continued Professional Development)
• SEND points added to your salary
• Qualified mainstream teachers CAN teach in special needs schools
• You will gain a good understanding of SEND and additional needs
• Improve your classroom and behaviour management
• Teach dynamic and creative lessons
For further information, please do not hesitate on calling and speaking to some of our specialists SEND consultants about how Special Needs could be the new opportunity you've been searching for. SEN/TEA
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.