Location: West London
Salary: MPS – UPS based on experience
Job Type: Temporary
Start date: October 2017
School Information: Foundation School, age range 16-18 with over 1300 students
2016 GCSE Results: 65% at A* - C
Q - Are you currently looking for an English position teaching inner London?
Q - Do you want to work four days per week?
IF YES TO THIS QUESTION PLEASE READ ON….
This Ofsted 2 ‘Good’ school wants you to join their school community and become a fully-fledged member of staff. Working with the well-resourced English Department, you will be responsible for the delivery of the curriculum to GCSE level.
Why should you apply…
- Department: The department has 14 members of staff who are responsible for English teaching alongside other responsibilities within the school. They are friendly and ensure all are made to feel welcome within their department.
- Curriculum: They teach across KS3 up to KS5. Year 7’S have covered Non-Fiction Writing and Children War ‘Private Peaceful’ and moving into Year 8 covering The Art of Persuasion. Within KS4 they cover Shakespeare ‘Romeo and Juliet’ to Short Stories.
- Training: School offer CDP training to all staff on a weekly basis. The school are willing to put staff on external course too.
- School: The school is rated Good by Ofsted in the last inspection. School are dedicated to staff and support them throughout their teaching.
What will the school offer…
- Give you opportunity to work within an Good school
- Work within a supported English department who are keen to develop every pupil they teach
- Opportunities for promotions within the school based on performance
- An innovative educational concept
- Excellent programme of continuing professional development
- Have the chance to shape the future of the English department
What the school are looking for…
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or oversea trained.
- PGCE in English or degree level equivalent
- Experience of teaching KS3-KS5 English in a secondary school
- The ability to communicate and work well as a part of team and show a commitment to being part of the wider life of the school
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
The school is very keen to hear from teachers who are ambitious and can work well in a team to successfully bring the best out of their students to achieve outstanding results.
For further information simply apply to this position with your CV and references.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon