We have the right school for you.
- Do you inspire your pupils to love English as much as you do?
- Are you passionate, high motivated and a team player?
Horizon Teachers are seeking a high skilled and engaging English Teacher to work in an Ofsted Outstanding' secondary in Barnet, in a permanent role starting in September 2018.
The school opened in September 2013 as the first Greek Orthodox secondary school in the country and was graded as Outstanding in its first inspection visit in 2015.
This role offers you the opportunity to teach English to Years 7 to 11, and teach English Literature to the new Year 12 cohort. There is an opportunity for you to be instrumental in shaping the 6th Form English Literature curriculum and develop your expertise in this area of the curriculum.
The school is based on the Christian faith and moral principles of the Greek Orthodox Church, however it caters for all pupils, not solely those who follow the Greek Orthodox faith. In addition, parents of current pupils speak highly of the experience their children have had at the school, praising the quality of teaching and the positive atmosphere.
One pupil has said of the school, You make lots of new friends and the teachers give you a great education.'
To be successful you will need:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• To be educated to Degree level in a relevant subject
• To have excellent subject knowledge and be willing to continue developing as a professional
• A passionate and innovative outlook; you are able to create engaging & stimulating lessons for pupils of all abilities
• To support the Christian ethos of the school
• Evidence of recently undertaking continuing professional development
If you are a passionate teacher who wants to instil a love of English into your pupils, call us today to discuss this exciting opportunity. This role is open to both NQTs and experienced teachers.
Contact Daryl on the Secondary Team today: 0207 444 0009
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.