English Teacher - Part Time
Start Date: September 2018 (1 year contract)
Part Time - 3 days per week
Area: Outer North London
Age range: Key Stage 3 to 4
Type: 11-16 mixed comprehensive school with about 800 students.
Results: 45% achieved 5 A* - C grades
Salary: To be negotiated based on experience
• Do you want to work at a small school with a lovely campus and close knit school community?
• Have you taught English to GCSE level and have had recent long term (minimum of a year) experience of doing this?
This Ofsted 2 Good' school wants you to join their small school community and become a fully-fledged member of staff. Working on a part time basis within the well-resourced English Department, you will be responsible for the delivery of the English curriculum to GCSE level.
You will also get to undertake pastoral roles as a form tutor.
A one year contract is offered in the first instance with the option for permanency to be discussed at a later date.
The school will be happy to consider candidates who are Heads of Departments/Seconds in Department, classroom teachers and strong NQT's.
If interested in this role you must have the following:
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained.
- Strong behaviour management
- PGCE in English or degree level equivalent
- Experience teaching to GCSE Level
- Experience in a secondary school within the last two years
- Excellent subject knowledge and passion for History
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure or Overseas Police Clearances
- Proven experience in collaborating with colleagues
- Happy to work via agency with options of permanency to be discussed at a later date.
Interviews will conducted during the Summer Break
If you can demonstrate these qualities apply with your CV and references ASAP.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.