Position: English Teacher
Start Date: April 2020 or sooner
Area: Ealing, West London
Age range: Key Stage 3/4
Type: 11-19 rated Outstanding by Ofsted
Salary: £150- £240
Contract Type: Long-term maternity cover
Horizon Teachers are looking for a full-time English Teacher to join a popular school in Ealing from April 2020 or sooner. We are looking for either an experienced teacher or an NQT that has taught the English curriculum across Key Stages 3/4. Applications from teachers that teach an A Level English are desirable but not essential. This position is open to teachers looking for part-time.
We are working in partnership with an outstanding, average sized 11-19 that has excellent public transport links nearby. The school has strong student leadership and high staff retention rates. Staff in the school work as a cohesive team and seek to ensure that students develop both inside and outside the classroom with a strong focus on well-being.
The English department are an established, efficient, hardworking and successful team. English results have been consistently good. The successful candidate will join an outstanding, energetic school which strives to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations of achievement.
We are looking for the following English Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained with a relevant undergraduate degree
• Experience teaching KS3 and KS4
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
• Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
• Teaching an A Level English is desirable
• A passion in delivering lessons in innovative ways
• Someone of energy, good humour and commitment
A range of benefits are on offer, including:
• Competitive pay rates
• An honest and open working relationship with a team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• Outstanding progression opportunities and CPD
• Comprehensive induction programmes with support and mentoring
• A forward-thinking learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A safe, inclusive learning community where staff and students thrive
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
To apply and find out more about this role, please submit an up to date CV as soon as possible.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.