Horizon Teachers are seeking a Teacher of Design and Technology (Graphics & Resistant Materials specialism) to join an innovative and driven academy in Redbridge, in September 2018.
This academy was recently shortlisted for the TES Awards, for Secondary School of the Year 2018, and was graded Outstanding' by Ofsted in its first ever inspection. There are high expectations, a dedication to learning and a strong community spirit which influence every aspect of the school.
Providing a high quality education for pupils aged 4-18 years, the school boasts a purpose built building, with 10 fully equipped laboratories, a full size sports hall & MUGA and a suite of well-designed technology rooms, to name but a few of the facilities available. With the opening of the Sixth Form in September 2017, the school is able to offer ongoing provision for its pupils, as well as those who wish to join.
What does this role entail?
• Teaching DT across Key Stages 3-4
• Pastoral care of a Form Group, delivering pastoral and PSHE sessions
• Participation in enrichment activities and educational trips
• TLR available depending on experience
What qualities do you need to be successful in this role?
• Hold a relevant DBS
• Have a good degree in at least one technology subject
• Experience of teaching Graphics / Resistant Materials at KS4
• Be positive individual, with a sense of humour and a desire to have fun
• Have a thirst for professional development
• Have a belief in the unlimited potential of all pupils to achieve and succeed
What other benefits does this role offer?
• Supportive Senior Management Team, who prioritise professional learning & development
• Comprehensive CPD provision
• Support from the Schools network, offering a wide basis of subject and pedagogical knowledge
To apply for this exciting and rewarding opportunity, contact Daryl on the Secondary Team today on 0207 444 0009 or click to apply.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.
No jobs found