Design Technology Teachers with the passion, Talent, Enthusiasm and Drive to Join an Outstanding East London Secondary School. Horizon Teachers may have the Job for you.
Having not been successful in appointing the school have come to Horizon Teachers as we have a long established relationship with schools for delivering High Quality teachers to schools across East London.
With School continuing to stay open a demand for strong teachers has emerged. Horizon Teachers is working with an Outstanding East London Secondary school who are still looking for a Design Technology Teacher who is able to teach all areas of the Design Technology curriculum starting in September 2021 or sooner. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of supportive colleagues and leaders that make it a great place to work. The school achieves outstanding results and are looking for a teacher who can join them on a permanent basis.
The Design and Technology Department aims to equip students with an understanding of the technological world in which we live and seeks to inspire them to use this technology to change and improve the lives of themselves and others. The role is to teach DT across Key Stages 3 and 4. You will be teaching across 3 key DT areas Resistant Material, Textiles and Food.
The school is a mixed School located in the centre of East London, with excellent community links and easily accessible by Public transport and road. Attainment at the school is excellent with students Progress 8 score above the borough average and currently at 0.35. Student's attendance is excellent and the behaviour at the school is constantly good. All pupils and teachers work well together and drive standards as set by the head teacher. For all staff there is excellent training and for NQTs an outstanding induction programme is in place to ensure successful completion of the NQT year.
If you have a passion for Design and Technology, and a desire to enable students to receive the very best teaching, we would love to hear from you. The role is a long-term contract with applications from well-qualified experienced teachers and NQTs welcome. To protect the health and welfare of our team, teachers and teaching support staff, we will be holding video interviews and consultations for the foreseeable future.
If you are interested in this role the school would like you to have;
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or be overseas trained.
- Teaching Qualification in DT or a related subject.
- Experience teaching DT to KS3 and 4 pupils
- Experience in a secondary school within the last two years
- Excellent subject knowledge and passion for DT
- Proven experience in collaborating with colleagues
- Experience in departmental best practice and planning
If you can demonstrate these qualities apply with your CV and references ASAP
Why Horizon Teachers?
• A team of specialist education consultants with several years of experience and including many ex-teachers
• A 4.7* Google rating from teachers, support staff and schools we have helped
• We offer both PAYE and Payroll/Umbrella company pay solutions and the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks (pay is uplifted through a Payroll Company)
• We will work with your existing Payroll Company
• We offer up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.