Position: Design and Technology Technician
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Kington upon Thames
Salary: £70-110 per day depending on experience
Contract Type: Long-term
Are you passionate about Design and Technology and looking to start your career in education?
Or have you previously worked in a Secondary school as a Design and Technology Technician?
Horizon Teachers are working with a popular secondary school in Kingston upon Thames who are seeking a Design and Technology Technician to join them immediately. The role is a long-term position and to support the Senior Technician and teachers in organising practical support for Design and Technology Teaching in the school. The role is ideal for those with a strong passion for Design and Technology and who are looking to launch their career within Secondary education. The position is also open those looking for part-time.
The school is home to students of ages 11-18 and has an excellent reputation within the local community for academic success. Members of staff are welcomed, respected, valued and cared for. The Design and Technology Department has state-of-the-art of facilities as well as a team of talented specialists. A high level of training and support will be offered by experienced, welcoming and supportive members of staff.
As a Design and Technology Technician you will:
• Have a degree in a related subject and/or experience as a Technician
• Prepare materials, tools and equipment as required by the subject teacher prior to lessons
• Provide support for the teacher during practical lessons
• Stock-taking and ordering of materials, tools and equipment
• Work as part of a team within the Design and Technology Department assisting each other as and when required
• Have a proactive, enthusiastic and positive can do' attitude
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enjoy working with children
The benefits of working with Horizon Teachers:
• Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• A high-level of support and training
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
To find out more about this role, please apply as soon as possible with an up to date CV or call James on 0207 444 0009.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.