Position: Design and Technology Teacher (Product Design)
Start Date: January or sooner
School: 11-18 Comprehensive rated Good by Ofsted
Salary: £140-250 per day depending on experience
Contract Type: Long-term
Are you an inspirational classroom practitioner looking to joining a progressive school in Bexley that offers excellent professional development?
Horizon Teachers are looking for a Design and Technology Teacher that specialises in Product Design to join in January sooner. We are looking for an experienced teacher or an NQT that has experience in teaching the Design and Technology curriculum across Key Stages 3/4. This position is open to teachers looking for part-time.
The school we are working in partnership with has a progressive and vibrant learning community that focuses on raising the aspirations and releasing the potential of every young person. In 2019, 60% of students in year 11 achieved five or more GCSE 9-4 grades, including at least a 4 in English and a 4 in Mathematics. The Progress 8 score was 0.018. At A level in 2019, 96% of the grades were A*-E with 30% at A*-B and 63% at A*-C. Similarly, high levels were achieved in Level 3 BTEC qualifications.
The Design and Technology Department aims to equip students with an understanding of the technological world in which we live and seeks to inspire them to use this technology to change and improve the lives of themselves and others. You will be welcomed by a team of specialists that are passionate about their subject and raising student attainment.
We are looking for the following Design and Technology Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained with a relevant undergraduate degree
• Experience teaching KS3 and KS4
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
• Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
• A passion in delivering lessons in innovative ways
• Someone of energy, good humour and commitment
A range of benefits are on offer, including:
• A team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• Excellent CPD and opportunities for progression
• Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialists
• Comprehensive induction programmes with support and mentoring
• A forward-thinking learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A safe, inclusive learning community where staff and students thrive
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
To find out more about this role, please apply ASAP with an up to date CV or call James on 0207 444 0009
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.