Inner London - Greenwich
11-18 Mixed Secondary school
£19,915 per annum
Outstanding Staff environment - Training provided to all staff
Are you looking for your next step in a career in Education?
Are you a recent graduate with a core subject degree that is looking to gain valuable experience in a Secondary School?
Do you have experience in a secondary school environment?
Are you looking for a challenging role that has the potential to be exceptionally rewarding?
Are you enthusiastic and passionate about education?
Is your long-term ambition to be a Secondary School teacher?
We are seeking an enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to join a vibrant mixed Secondary School in Greenwich on a Permanent basis.
The school is ideally seeking an individual who has in school experience and is able to progress in the school as a cover supervisor.
This is a warm and welcoming school that values its staff highly. The Head Teacher is passionate about the schools learning environment and is prepared to invest in both its facilities and staff. The school has recently invested significantly in refurbishing its buildings and facilities. It is also in the process of constructing a new state-of-the-art building. The school is prepared to offer Initial Teacher Training depending on your performance as a Cover Supervisor.
The role of cover supervisor is ideal for those that have a keen interest in working in a Secondary School and for those looking to gain valuable experience. The support offered by this school is unparalleled and this could be your first step in a school to becoming a Teacher.
The role will require you to:
• Supervise pupils as they complete work set for them due to Teacher absence.
• Lead the learning of pupils and assist with all aspects of class work.
• Be responsible for pupil development in lessons.
• Act as a form tutor and have a pastoral responsibility for students.
The ideal candidate must:
• Have in school experience
• Be a graduate.
• Be hard-working and ambitious.
• Be enthusiastic about working with children and have a positive approach.
• Have effective behaviour management.
• Be compassionate to the needs and requirements of the children.
Please apply ASAP as the school wish to appoint ASAP
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.
Supply Cover in your area
Horizon teachers are working with a range of Secondary Schools in North London (Haringey + Camden predominantly) who are looking for teaching assistants and cover supervisors to help them with their supply needs.
Work would be on an ad hoc basis up to 5 days a weeks in busy periods with the highest rates of pay in the London area. If you are successful within a school there is always the opportunity to work at schools on a longer basis, if it’s a good fit for both parties.
Successful applicants will have:
• A DBS on the update service or be willing to get one (We can help you with this)
• Have experience teaching in the UK
• The resilience to deal with disruptive behaviour
• Be friendly, sociable and keen to build relationships wherever you go
• Have right to work in the UK
Why work with us?
• We have a team of expert consultants who understand the education market and can offer advice wherever possible
• Over 10 years successfully working in partnership with schools
• We offer up to £200 in vouchers if you refer a friend or colleague (or just someone you know!)
If this of interest to you please apply by sending over your CV to Christopher@horizonteachers.com or give me a call on 0207 444 0009