An all through Complex Needs school based in Harlow, Essex and looking to appoint an experienced class Support Assistant to join their team.
This role is a long term temporary position from September 2019.
The school are seeking Class Support Assistants to work in partnership with class teachers to support pupils' learning in line with codes of practice and schools policies and procedures. You will be required to attend students personal needs, help with social, welfare, care and health matters which often may include toileting, dressing, feeding and mobility. Previous experience working with children with special educational needs is whilst not essential, is preferable. It is also advised that be apart of their staff team you would need to be patient, tolerant, understanding and most importantly enjoy working with children.
Your main duties will be:
- Interact with, and support pupils, according to individual needs and skills
- Impalement planned learning activities which are agreed with the class teacher, adjusting according to pupils responses
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, writing reports and records as required
- Promote positive pupil behaviour in line with school policies
- To support learning by selecting appropriate resources/methods to facilitate agreed learning activities
- To assist pupils during acclivities like Swimming, PE.
For more information regarding this role, feel free to get in contact with Tom on the SEND team at Horizon Teachers.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.