Teacher of Chemistry - Additional Responsibility point available
Salary: Main Scale Plus performance related bonuses and TLR
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: September 2019 or sooner
- Do you want to work in an inner London academy where people just love coming to work?
- Are you a Teacher of Chemistry looking for a new challenge?
- Do you want to take the next step in your teaching career?
Located in the heart of Hackney, working in partnership with the local community and feeder schools within in the borough is this Outstanding School who are looking for a Teacher of Chemistry, Horizon Teachers is pleased to be working with this large Academy that has been awarded a Good rating by Ofsted with an Outstanding for Leadership and Management. The Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and dedicated Chemistry Teacher to work within the Science department. For all teachers there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD, this position has additional responsibility and would provide excellent prospect for leadership roles in the future. The role:
The school are seeking to appoint a well-qualified outstanding Teacher of Chemistry, a proven track record of excellence and recent teaching experience is essential. The ideal teacher of Chemistry will be committed to maintaining the high standards set within the Academy. The successful candidate will have recent relevant teaching experience, and have the knowledge and understanding of teaching Chemistry as a single subject up to KS5.The successful candidate will have:
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in Science
• The ability to teach Chemistry from KS3-5
• The ability to teach general Science up to KS4.
• The ability to motivate pupils to achieve excellent examination results,
• The ability to enthuse students in all aspects of Science.
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Excellent organisational and ICT skills
• The ability to thrive in and work collaboratively as part of a teamWhat the school can offer;
• The opportunity to be part of a growing Academy in the centre of Hackneys thriving community.
• Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
• Excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy.
• An excellent benefits package
This position is open to teachers of all levels of experience. The Academy are looking for a teacher who is able to take on extra responsibility so would be suitable for a teacher with experience or a dynamic and hardworking NQT.
If you think this position is for you please send an updated CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.