An Outstanding School has asked Horizon Teacher to assist them in appointing a Part time teacher of Business and Economics to work across KS4 and KS5. This role will be starting ASAP. This is a main scale teaching position, the school would like a teacher who is able to work 2 days a week. The position is a 2 day a week role spread over 3 days, One full day and two half days.
What will the role look like for you and why should you apply?
• You will experience teaching Business and Economics following the AQA Business and Economics syllabus at GCSE and at A-level.
• You will be teaching Business and Economics classes which are mixed ability groups from Year 10 upwards.
• You will be working in a department where pupils achieve Outstanding results in all key stages through their passion for Business, Economics and Politics.
• You will teaching 2 days a week with a mix of KS4 and 5 lessons.
Why this school?
• It is a large Catholic comprehensive school situated in the London Borough of Redbridge and within the Diocese of Brentwood.
• Ofsted have ranked the school as outstanding' on 5 consecutive occasions and we have a reputation for excellence in all aspects of our service to the children in the school and the wider community.
• The school's highest standards relating to Teaching and Learning are a feature of daily life and these significantly and positively impact student progress and attainment.
• Results in 2019 were Progress 8, 0.51 (well above' the national average) and the average Attainment 8 score for all students is 5.87.
• The percentage of students at 4 in both English and Mathematics is 86%
• The Percentage of students achieving 5 9-7 grades is 34%
• The Percentage of students achieving 5 9-4 grades is 85%
• 8% of all grades at GCSE Level were the top grade 9
The school are seeking a teacher who is:
• An enthusiastic Business and Economics specialist with the ability to teach across all of the Key Stages.
• Passionate about Business and Economics and has excellent subject knowledge.
• Ambitious and committed to the very highest standards of student learning.
• Keen to challenge and enthuse our diverse student population.
• An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
What the school will offer;
• A strong commitment to your professional development and wellbeing.
• Opportunity to work with a forward-thinking Headmaster and Senior Leadership Team.
• Planning, Preparation and Assessment time at Trinity is above the national requirement of 10%
• A team of highly motivated and talented teachers that work collaboratively to raise standards and secure achievement for all students.
• Well behaved students that are keen to achieve and are respectful of their teachers.
• A well-resourced school and a stimulating environment that is conducive to high quality teaching and learning.
Please apply ASAP as the school wish to interview and appoint as soon as strong applications are received.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.