An East London Primary School are seeking a BSL Teaching Assistant Worker for their Hearing Impaired Unit to start immediately. This role is full time and long term.
The provision is committed to an inclusive approach to education based on individual needs and is an integral part of the social community, it is a great opportunity for a BSL Teaching Assistant or Communication Support Worker. The current team includes two teachers of the deaf (one unqualified), an educational interpreter (BSL Level 6) and a part-time deaf instructor.
In order to be successful, you will need:
• BSL Qualification Level 1 minimum
• A minimum qualification of grade C in English and Maths at GCSE level
• A valid DBS certificate (we can support with your application)
• Previous experience of supporting pupils with Special Education Needs
- In return, you can expect:
• A very supportive team and environment
• On the job support
• To work on a 1:1 capacity with pupils
• Training and development opportunities
• To work alongside therapists/councillors
This is a great opportunity for you to develop as a Communication Support Worker, adding to your CV and bringing your skills to an environment where you can focus on one to one support.
To apply; send your CV or call and ask to speak with the SEND Team. The school are trialing candidates now so please do not hesitate to get in touch for an immediate interview.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.