Start Date: 7th January 2019
An ongoing Long Term position
Pay Rate: £70-90 a day!
Are you a confident signer seeking your next role in education?
Are you passionate about working with children?
A Deaf Support Base attached to a mainstream Secondary School in North West London are seeking a Teaching Assistant to join their forward thinking team in supporting pupils with hearing impairments. This is a part time role, 4 days a week, with the hours 8:30am to 4pm.
The School are looking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant with, or working towards BSL (British Sign Language) Level 3, the school would also like someone who has experience working with secondary school aged pupils.
You will be working as a member of the well-established Deaf Resource Base which cater for twelve deaf children, some of whom have an additional need of autism.
In order to be successful, you will need:
• BSL Qualification Level 2 minimum and/or relevant signing experience
• A minimum qualification of grade C in English and Maths at GCSE level
• A valid DBS certificate (or be willing to apply for one)
• Previous experience of supporting pupils 1:1
In return, the school offers:
• A very encouraging and friendly team and environment
• On the job support
• To work on a 1:1 capacity with pupils
• Training and development opportunities
• To work alongside therapists/councillors
This is an excellent opportunity! Please apply as soon as possible with your CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.