Horizon Teachers are looking for an experienced Behaviour Mentor to work in a Pupil Referral Unit based in Southwark. This is a long-term role to start from September 2020.
Horizon Teachers are still in full operation, we are working from home and in regular contact with schools and getting ready for when they re-open. We can organise video interviews/meetings to discuss the next steps of your application.
Why Horizon Teachers?
• We always look to pay you the highest possible rate
• You choose to be paid via a payroll company or directly by Horizon
• You can choose whichever payroll company suits you
• If you choose a payroll company then we will uplift your pay to guarantee you are better off
• After 12 weeks we will pay you the permanent equivalent for the job
• (For TAs) We offer free CPD Certified Behaviour Management & Safeguarding Training Sessions
• Please look at our reviews to see from others what it is like to work with us (Google.com/horizonteachers)
• We have been helping teachers/TAs find work since 2008
• In our team we have collective experience of working with schools for over 80 years!
A growing number of children and young adults in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs. These developments have led to an increase in the demand for qualified teachers and support staff.
Benefits of working with Special Needs include
• Small class sizes, usually 5-10 students
• A warm and supporting working environment
• State of the art facilities and resources
• Ongoing opportunities for CPD (Continued Professional Development)
• SEN points added to your salary
• Qualified mainstream teachers CAN teach in special needs schools
• You will gain a good understanding of SEND and additional needs
• Improve your classroom and behaviour management
• Teach dynamic and creative lessons
Horizon Teachers are working with a small school in two locations within Southwark. Their focus is to use the power of education to transform lives. They offer an education to students who have been permanently excluded or who are at risk of exclusion. Some students in Key Stage 4 are able to return to mainstream school but most Years 10 and 11 students remain at the school until they are 16. At Key stage 4, the curriculum is designed to meet the needs of learners through a range of academic and vocational courses.
All students follow:
A GCSE / BTEC core offer English Language, Mathematics, ICT, RE, Art Awards & PE
One or two subjects from the options block Business studies, Health & Social Care, Food technology or PE, and one vocational subject delivered off-site Motor mechanics, Sports leaders, Carpentry, Music, Catering, Hair & beauty, Construction, Travel & tourism, etc.
In addition to the academic and vocational curriculum, students have access to specialist interventions, careers guidance, work experience, enrichment and social development activities, as well as, achievement/revision sessions after hours to narrow the gaps in learning
Learning Support Assistants Responsibilities:
• Supporting a mixed class of students aged 13 -16 (KS3 & KS4).
• Carrying out behaviour management in line with the school's policies and procedures
• Supporting pupils inside and outside the classroom.
• Accompanying and supporting students with their academic and personal development.
• Being proactive in the class to ensure your learning support is tailored to each child's individual need.
Horizon Teachers are seeking individuals with a desire and passion to support vulnerable children who have experience working within a Special Education Needs and Alternative Provision settings. The perfect candidate would ideally have some form of behaviour management training, ideally team teach, manual handling or STEPS training, although this is desired, it is not essential. Above all, you must be approachable, enthusiastic and promote positive behaviour management and guidance to aid progression and personal development. This is a wonderful class of students who need consistency and a regular friendly face and someone they can trust and work with on a personal level.
For more information please do not hesitate to call Tom on the SEND team - SEN/SUP
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.