Position: Art Teacher - 1 year Maternity Cover
Start Date: January 2020
Area: Lambeth, London
Age range: Key Stage 3/4 and Key Stage 5
Type: 11-18 school - Ofsted Outstanding'
Results: Attainment 8: 51, Progress 8: 0.44
Salary: £140- £250 per day
We are looking for an ambitious Art teacher to join an outstanding Secondary school in Lambeth starting in January 2020. The school is looking for someone who can deliver Art curriculum to KS3/4 and 5 for a maternity position for 1 year initially, they are also open to teachers looking for part time.
The Art department is seeking an innovative, enthusiastic and creative Art teacher to join their successful department. Art is a popular GCSE choice and the popularity of Art at KS5 is growing. The school has an exceptional learning environment where students are keen to learn.
For an exceptional newly qualified teacher, the academy will support you with your induction and development to become an outstanding teacher. This is an opportunity to join a fantastic school, a terrific work environment and really raise pupil aspirations with exceptional teaching. Experienced teachers are more than welcome for this position, as responsibility is available for teachers who demonstrate an aptitude to improving teaching standards.
A range of benefits are on offer, including:
• A team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups A comprehensive induction programme with support and mentoring
• A superb, modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
We are looking for the following Art Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained.
• PGCE in Art or degree level equivalent
• Extensive experience teaching KS3 and KS4
• Experience in a secondary school within the last three years
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
Please apply now with an up to date CV as the school are holding interviews immediately.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.