Horizon Teachers are seeking to recruit a part time Art teacher to teach 2 days a week in an Outstanding Secondary school. This is a part time role and would be a year long position employed via Horizon Teachers. The Role would pay to scale from day 1.
The school are looking to appoint an experienced Art teacher with the ability to teach across all key stages. The successful Art teacher will be able to tach Art to KS3, 4 and 5. You must be passionate about Art and able to deliver engaging and progressive lessons. Students currently follow the Edexcel syllabus at GCSE and at A level. The Art department achieves outstanding results at Key Stage 3, GCSE and A level. All Art classes at the school are taught in mixed ability groups.
The Head of Art wishes to appoint a dynamic and creative teacher who is able to motivate pupils with their passion for Art. The school has an outstanding Art department and resources are plentiful. The school have a dedicated Art technician that supports the department.
Students and teachers work in a calm, engaging but focused environment. Schemes of work have been created in Art that allow pupils to experience a wide range of methods and techniques. Pupils work is displayed around the school and has pride of place in the department. The department have done extensive planning to ensure all lessons are differentiated and pupils of all abilities progress above the national expectations. The school ranks highly in league tables (top 100 of non-selective schools) and holds International School Award status.
The school are seeking a teacher who is:
- An Art specialist with the ability to teach across all Key Stages and with the aptitude to teach A level in particular.
- Keen to enthuse and challenge our comprehensive in range student population.
- Able to work in a team, accept advice and instruction and, where necessary, deliver on behalf of the team.
- Committed to excellent subject knowledge and the highest standards of student learning.
The school can offer the successful candidate:
- A competitive salary and a commitment to your professional development.
- PPA time above the statutory minimum requirement.
- Teachers across the school that are friendly and motivated and supportive senior management.
- A well-resourced and well-managed department with a collaborative attitude to classroom management.
- A pleasant environment conducive to quality teaching and learning.
Please only send your CV if you are actively interested in a post teaching at one of London's best secondary schools. The school require TWO recent references as well.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.