Art Teacher - January start
Are you looking for a new and challenging role?Are you passionate about pupil development?
- Key Stage 3 and 4 classes
- Part Time - 3 days per week
- Long term position
- Pay scale M1 to M3
- Start date: 7th January 2019
- Located in North West London
This could be the role for you!
This Pupil Referral Unit provides education for Primary and Secondary aged pupils and are a caring and co-operative community that is serious about its social responsibility. There is a higher than average number of students classified as having Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, so the school will need a Teacher who is passionate about working in a challenging environment and working with SEN.
This is a Pupil Referral Unit that is proud of its supportive, welcoming approach and provides a motivating environment for students with different needs such as Autism, and those with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties. The faculty and students follow the school's strong core values of respect, integrity and belief, they are looking for someone who can share these values, and has a positive, enthusiastic approach to teaching. This is a great opportunity for mainstream teaching assistants looking for a new challenge.
The school is based in Brent and are looking for a Teacher of Art to join their Key Stage 3 and 4 team from January 2019. This position will be working 3 days per week on an ongoing basis.
The school are seeking a Teacher who is enthusiastic, caring and confident who can bring these characteristics to the classroom. They are also looking for someone who is able to adjust, responding to the needs of the pupils, a Teacher who enjoys the challenge of working within an SEN setting. As a Key Stage 3/4 Art Teacher you will be required to have a good understanding of the national curriculum, as well as BTEC Art, you will be teaching a slightly adapted national curriculum. As part of the role you will be writing schemes of work, planning lessons and also be responsible for marking.To apply for this role you need to be/have:
Why choose Horizon?
- UK QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) - Secondary trained
- Art specialism - good subject knowledge
- Passion for teaching
- Able to plan creative, engaging lessons
- Hardworking and ambitious
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Ideally experience working in Pupil Referral Units or with pupils with challenging behaviour
- Specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy
- Providing roles for Teaching and Support Staff for 10 years
- Comparative and competitive pay rates
- A consultative approach from a dedicated consultant who has an excellent understanding of the education industry and the role you apply for
- We are passionate about enhancing children's education!
Please apply now to be considered for this position and call Chris on the SEN team for more information.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.