Apprentice Teaching Assistant
Are you keen to begin a career in education but have no experience?
Is college or university not the right training path for you?
An excellent opportunity has arisen for two enthusiastic individuals who are keen to begin an exciting career in education to become Apprentice Teaching Assistants at a friendly special needs school in Guildford.
The school caters for students aged 7-18 years, with smaller than average class sizes of 8 students, and is split across two sites: Lower School and Upper School/Post 16.
What does this role involve?
• Full time apprenticeship
• Supporting pupils aged 7-18 years, who have a range of medical conditions, physical disabilities and mental health difficulties.
• Preparing resources for lessons
• Delivering learning sessions on a 1:1 and small group basis
• Providing emotional and behaviour support to pupils
What will you bring to the role?
• GCSE Maths, ICT and English at grade C or above (or equivalent)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Confidence and a calm manner
• A sympathetic, flexible and diplomatic outlook
• Willingness to learn and gain qualifications in Teaching & Learning, and Special Educational Needs
What benefits does this role offer?
• Full training as a Teaching Assistant (Apprentice)
• A supportive and passionate colleagues
• Opportunity to gain a Level 3 qualification in Teaching Support
If this role sounds like the right fit for you, apply with your CV or call the SEN team today on 0207 444 0009.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.