A school in Southwark is seeking a SEN Teaching Assistant to support a student with Autism in Year 1
About the role:
• You will be working 1:1 with a child in key stage 1
• Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs / SEN in particular supporting ASD is essential
• The majority of your time will be spent in the classroom however they may be times you will be working with the child alone on a one to one basis.
• This is a full time position starting immediately until the end of the academic year.
About the school:
• A good mainstream Primary school in Southwark serving the diverse community. The school is modern with excellent resources
• Well served by public transport and car parking also available.
• Excellent, established leadership team and very experienced SENCO
• A calm, kind and dedicated approach is required.
• You will need to be able to use your own initiative as you will be working alone with support from the SENCO and SLT.
• Good communication is essential, as you will be working closely with the class teacher, SENCO, parents and possibly external agencies.
• Have a good understanding of how children learn and any experience in a similar role would be a huge advantage.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.