We are seeking a dedicated and experienced SEND Teaching Assistant to join a committed team of professionals at a Primary school based in Westminster. The successful candidate will work on a 1:1 basis with a child in KS1 who has complex needs, ensuring they receive the support necessary to thrive academically and socially.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Provide tailored 1:1 support to a child with Special Educational Needs (SEND) in KS1.
- Collaborate with the class teacher and other support staff to implement Individual Education Plans and adapt teaching materials to meet the child's specific needs.
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment, promoting the child's independence and social integration.
- Monitor and record the child's progress, communicating effectively with the SENCO and other relevant professionals.
- Attend training sessions and workshops to enhance knowledge and skills related to supporting children with complex needs.
What do you need?
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a SEND focused position within a primary school.
- Relevant qualifications in Special Educational Needs or a related field are a bonus.
- Understanding of the specific challenges faced by children with complex needs and a commitment to inclusive education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with the child, parents, teaching staff, and external professionals.
- Patience, empathy, and a positive attitude towards supporting the unique learning journey of the child.
Why work with Horizon Teachers?
- A team of specialist education consultants with many years of experience including many ex-teachers.
- Earn up to £150 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals!
- We are one of the highest rated agencies with 4.8* Google review rating from teachers, support staff and schools we have helped previously.
- We provide interview preparation and guidance throughout your job search.
"I have had a great experience with Horizon Teachers! The team is really friendly and I was amazed at how quickly I was into work, and the communication is excellent. They have given me the opportunity to work in an environment that I have always wanted to." - 5 star review
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London, the South East the Midlands and the North of England. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.